Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Pumpkin Head



A lot of people asked me how I made my Facebook profile picture, so I thought I'd give a quick rundown of the process. Both of the programs I used are free and legal downloads, so feel free to take a stab at it yourself:

  • I put this picture in Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) and traced the bitmap image so I had a single tone vector representation of the picture.






  • Then I essentially inverted the color (actually I cut the image out of another color so I had just one blob of my face).




  • Next, I did a Google image search to find a suitable picture of a pumpkin and pumpkin innards.










  • Then I basically punched the face out of the pumpkin innards using Inkscape.




  • Lastly, I overlaid the face on the pumpkin, added a little shadow with some Inkscape magic and tada!


1 comment:

kurtiss said...

Very cool.