A lot of people asked me how I made my Facebook profile picture, so I thought I'd give a quick rundown of the process. Both of the programs I used are free and legal downloads, so feel free to take a stab at it yourself:
- I put this picture in Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) and traced the bitmap image so I had a single tone vector representation of the picture.
- Then I essentially inverted the color (actually I cut the image out of another color so I had just one blob of my face).
- Next, I did a Google image search to find a suitable picture of a pumpkin and pumpkin innards.
- I used Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/) to brighten the inside of the pumpkin and make it glow.
- Then I basically punched the face out of the pumpkin innards using Inkscape.
- Lastly, I overlaid the face on the pumpkin, added a little shadow with some Inkscape magic and tada!