Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Leopard, Bloody Leopard

As many of you know, I am an Apple nut and I'm pretty excited about the new OS I ordered, Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6). Because I'm a big nerd, I downloaded the desktop background of the now fairly recognizable snow leopard used in Apple's marketing for my work PC. I noticed, when the image filled my entire large monitor at work, that the leopard had blood spattered around his mouth. I thought, wow, that's pretty ballsy of Apple to use in their marketing. Then I went back to http://www.apple.com/ and saw that the blood was missing. So for the desktop background, they left the bloody maw of the beast in tact, but for the major promotional image, they "photoshopped" out the gore. Understandably, I'd say. It's all the cooler to know, though, that the image they are using to promote Leopard is not only the formidable looking Snow Leopard, but her just after making a bloody kill. Awesome.


See blown up images side by side
See original desktop background





1 comment:

kurtiss said...

Wow, nice find. It looks like they made her a bit more symmetrical, in general. Check out the eye-liner added to the right eye, for example.