Friday, April 18, 2008

I'll Fiiiiiind Yoooou


So there is a new helper on the market at your local grocery store and pharmacy. A computer that tells you exactly which isle and on which shelf certain items that you're looking for reside. This seems like a great idea. I have often wondered why there wasn't a more efficient way of finding things at the grocery store. Scanning through 20 signs with vague descriptions while walking across the entire store is no way to find things, and anyone that doesn't frequent grocery stores will probably agree with me.

I DO, however, have a problem with the character they chose to saddle right above the search screen. Is that really the best they could come up with? That cold, dead stare watching me type is not an appealing thought. I don't go to that guy for finding things in a store. If I want to be molested, I go to that guy. If I want a painting for my wall to poke out the eyes and watch my dinner guests, I look that guy up. If I want my soul sucked out via my eyeballs, he's my guy. I just think that they should have maybe run him through a few test shoppers first, and when they had a few cleanups on isle 9 from people dumping themselves, they'd work on a new character.

P.S. Read this article, his name is Evincii. Looks a lot like Evil to me...

3 comments:

~Angela~ said...

Please tell me the title is a Wedding Crasher's reference. Because Isla Fisher saying, "because I'd fiiiind yoooouuu" is one of the best line deliveries I've ever seen.

Suggs said...

It's hard to say. I didn't have her in mind when I wrote it, but it was probably a subconscious influence. I also love Isla Fisher's delivery, and pretty much everything else she does. [sigh]

tia* said...

I agree...Evincii definitely got an overdose of the Botox. Thanks, now I am gonna have nightmares of him chasing me with a bag of Riccola. Me no likey.